At HHL Group, Inc., we can help alleviate some of the anxiety that comes with retirement planning. A successful retirement plan involves certain important facets, including:
- Determining how much you will need to retire, based on your goals
- Discuss and minimize short- and long-term tax consequences
- Assist you with establishing where the money will come from
It might sound contradictory, but at HHL Group, Inc. we encourage business owners to plan for their departure right from the start. To develop your retirement strategy, we support you throughout the planning process. Some of the services we offer include:
- Identifying goals – We help you differentiate between personal and business goals and work to thoroughly understand your goals.
- Exit strategies – It is never too early to start planning for your exit from the business, whether through a merger, sale or by putting a successor in place.
- Valuation of the business – If you plan on selling your business so you can retire, we can help you determine the value of it.
- Preparing to sell – The process of selling a business begins well before the time you want to sell. We can provide advice to best position yourself so you can get the most value.
You did it! You started your business decades ago and have worked hard to make it a success. It is time for all those 90-hour weeks to pay off. Your business has grown and now you are contemplating your exit.
Before you sell your business, you must determine the value. How much would someone be willing to pay for it?
At HHL Group, Inc., we can help with this process by:
- Creating an exit strategy which coincides with your personal financial goals
- Assisting with determining a value and collaborating with your advisors to craft a sales agreement which maximizes profitability and minimizes risk and unfavorable tax consequences
- Assisting with placing values on ownership interests